Friday, January 15, 2010

Support

I am trying to write a book.

I can't tell you the number of times I have spoken that sentence in my life. I have creative ideas and I love writing, but somehow putting my ideas into words leaves me with a whole bunch of jumbled, formal sounding ideas that isn't remotely like what I had in mind! Sometimes I feel that somewhere between my brain and my fingers there is a huge writers block that prevents anything good from coming out. It sounds fantastic in my head, and yet somehow everything i write up is thoroughly disappointing.

Well now, I'm up against a problem. See this book is different. Characters are already taking shape and just begging to be brought to life - and for the first time in all of my writing career, I have a story and an idea that just wont go away! After the first attempts failed, instead of scrapping the whole thing I took it from another angle, and it's actually not sounding too bad! But how long can it last?

One bonus that I have this time is James's support - and honestly, it's made all the difference. I've only trusted close friends with my story line and world simply because I'm scared that someone will snag my idea and run with it. I'm not the fastest writer - but I have goals to finish what I've started no matter how long it might take me to do it. Having James to support me has given me initiative and drive to keep going - because he wants to see it completed too! He loves my idea and he has a way of giving me new ideas without taking over the story to give me that little push in the write(haha) direction. I might not ever be a world famous author - and who knows if I will be satisfied with my book if I ever finish it, but for now I'm just glad that I have my husbands support and his willingness to let me have the spotlight for awhile in spite of the fact that he is arguably a better writer than I am.

I hope he knows just how much I appreciate him. Maybe I'll tell him - or better yet, write a blog announcing it to everyone who reads this...

No comments: