Saturday, December 20, 2008

OH! THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL!



Well, winter is finally upon us and I have to say that people in Washington have -no- idea how to handle their roads! We were officially snowed in after just 2-4 inches of snow! The number of accidents on James's boat alone was astounding, and the fact that yesterday I was able to sit at the window and watch car after car after truck after tow truck slide backwards down my little hill tells me that they have some serious issues with their snow and ice control. The streets were starting to clear, but tonight we were told to expect anywhere from 6-24 inches! And winds up to 90 miles an hour. I'm preparing for the worst... So I have books, hot chocolate, candles, flashlights, water, blankets and my hubby. For some reason I think I'll be juuuuust fine. Who says that being snowed in is a bad thing? We've already been called and told that church is cancled, it's the second time -ever- that I've not had an obligation to head out early Sunday morning.

I guess it could be worse. :)


Above is the infamous hill that claimed many a driver yesterday. Can you believe that the roads were still this bad even though the storm ended 3 days ago? Only going to get worse from here!

No comments: